Friday, October 28, 2011

The 23rd Psalm - Student Driver Edition

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%2023&version=NASB


After I finished my post yesterday I was inspired.  At least I thought I was inspired!  So I re-wrote the 23rd Psalm.  Updated it a little bit.  To go along with my thought from yesterday.  I call it, The 23rd Psalm, The Student Driver Edition.  If you can believe it, I wrote it in 5 minutes!  I think it's kind of cute.  I hope God feels the same way.  If not, I guess I'll hear about it.  Enjoy.

     God is my Student Driver, I shall always be afraid,
     He drives me through green pastures, He plows through troubled waters,
     He disturbs my soul,
     He taketh me down roads that I’ve never been down before - for my own sake.

     Even though He drives at a prudent speed, in the right lane, in the middle of the day, I will be 

     afraid, for I am beside myself,
     The fact that He hath no road map maketh me very uncomfortable,
     He prepareth to step on the gas to outrun my enemies,
     He maketh my head snap with His sudden turns, my heart is in my throat,
     Surely I will never recover from this all the days of my life,
     And when we finally get where we are going, I am going to get out of the vehicle forever!


Lord, thank you that I can trust You completely with my life.  That You always know where we are going.  What turns to make.  How fast or slow to go.  This removes so much of the stress in my life.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment