Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Something That Will Live Forever

I read the following quote today on my homepage. "We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will." - Chuck Palahniuk.  As soon as I read it I liked it. 


All around the world people are looking for significance, meaning and purpose in life.  As believers, God has already given it to us.  Our significance lies in the fact that we can help people have a relationship with God, a relationship that will last forever!  This is the thrust behind Paul's words in 2 Cor 5:18 that God has given us "the ministry of reconciliation."  This is the ultimate goal of every Christian isn't it - to partner with God in transforming lives - a transformation that will last forever!


Lord, I want my life to count for something.  I want to leave behind a godly influence and lives that are changed forever.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment