Sunday, May 22, 2011

Are You Blessed?

This was the inspirational reading that I used at the end of my sermon this morning.  I posted it in case anyone would like to read it or wants a copy of it.  The original version has a little more to it but I edited it somewhat to fit my purposes.

As I said, practically everyone I know wants to be blessed by God.  The pathway to blessing is obedience.  When we give ourselves completely to God we are blessed, our family is blessed, and others are blessed.  What a shame that we aren't as blessed as much as we want to be, or as much as God wants to bless us, all because we don't give ourselves to following Him completely!

Are You Blessed?

If you woke up with more health than illness, you are blessed more than the million who will not survive the week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are blessed more than 500 million people in the world.

If you have own just one Bible, you are blessed more than 2 billion people.

If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture or death, you are blessed more than 3 billion people.

If you have put your faith in Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, you are blessed more than 90% of the people in the world.

Lord, I desire Your blessings on my life, my job, my family, my finances, my health.  Thank you for the many blessings You do give me.  Help me to be obedient, in things small and big, so that I can enjoy all of Your blessings.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment