Friday, May 13, 2011

God Is Still In Control

In our 'instant' society where we see and hear the news on our TV's, computers and cell phones, we are bombarded by hundreds of different stories each day, 99% of which are negative: crimes, accidents, disasters, protests, wars, etc.  At times it can be overwhelming.  Everything seems to be out of control, headed who-knows-where.  At times such as this it is good to remember that God is still in control, that there is still much good happening in the world, that in the end, everything will work out according to His plan.

Several months ago, someone gave me the following predictions for this year.  As I read them I was encouraged!  I was reminded of the strength and hope that my faith gives me.  I hope that, as you read them, you are encouraged, too!

Top 10 Predictions for 2011   - by Bonnie S Calhoun

  1. The Bible will still have the answers.
  2. Prayer will still be the most powerful thing on Earth.
  3. The Holy Spirit will still move.
  4. God will still honor the praises of His people.
  5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.
  6. There will still be singing of praise to God.
  7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.
  8. There will still be room at the Cross.
  9. Jesus will still love you.
10. Jesus will still save the lost when they come to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment