Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Chronicles Of Narnia

Beth and I watched The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader a few months back.  (Yeah, we're always a little behind in our movie watching).  Our son Brian is the video king of the family so we just borrowed his DVD.  I simply refer to it as Narnia 3.  It’s easier to remember that way.  I don’t know about you, but these sequel movies can be a little challenging - challenging from the standpoint that I don’t always remember where the last one left off!  Anyone else have the same problem?  I think what I need to do in the future is to re-watch the previous movies so that I can be fully up to speed when the latest sequel comes out!

Anyway, I like the Narnia series.  I am glad for good, quality Christian -based movies (also The Lord Of The Rings) that we have that appeal to everyone, Christians and non-Christians alike.  In the first movie, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, the Pevensie children, Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy help Aslan save Narnia from the evil White Witch.  In so doing, they become Kings & Queens of Narnia.  In the next 2 movies, the children, who are ordinary when they are in England, return to their royal status when they return to Narnia.

What has really resonated with me thus far in the Naria movies is the whole concept of royalty.  As Christians, that is what we will be.  In Heaven.  What a fascinating aspect to think about.  I admit that I don’t think about this very much.  Actually, not at all.  But it’s Biblical.  And maybe this is why it interests me so much.  Several Scriptures to support this:

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation.”  I Peter 2:9a

"And has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father.” Revelation 1:6a

"You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth.”  Revelation 5:10

“Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection.  The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.”   Revelation 20:6

Wow.  We are royalty–in-waiting.  Just like William and Kate.  Only our kingdom is not of this world.  We will reign with Jesus Christ over the entire universe forever!  If that doesn’t perk you up on a dreary day, nothing will!  What an absolutely amazing Savior we have that He would not only die for us, but allow us reign with Him.  No wonder we love Him so.

Lord, I thank you for the absolutely, amazing, awesome truth that I am going to reign with Jesus in Heaven.  What a privilege!  What an honor!  How undeserving I am of it.  Help me to remember my royal status.  Even now I am royalty-in-waiting.  Help me to conduct myself as such.  In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment