Friday, December 9, 2011

Three Men And Their Babies

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Rom%208:28&version=NIV

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah%2029:11&version=NIV

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%2046:1&version=NIV

I love sports.  I enjoy participating in them.  I enjoy watching them.  And I enjoy reading about them.  Sports has so much good to offer and teach.  Cooperation.  Exercise.  Strategy.  Focus.  Setting and reaching goals.  Unfortunately, there is also a downside to sports.  And we read or hear about it every day.  Cheating. Complaints about officiating.  Pampered athletes.  Overbearing coaches.  A win-at-all-costs-mentality.  Bad blood between players and/or teams.  Run-ins with the law.  You name it.

Every once in a while I come across an article that is uplifting.  A story about an athlete, coach or a team that transcends sports.  A story that shows the human side of the sports scene.  A story that restores my faith in athletics.  A story that has a spiritual element to it.  Imagine that.  God and sports.  What a unique concept!

The following is a link to an article that I read recently on the web.  Instead of retelling it I thought that I would just let you read it for yourself.  The article is long (nothing I can do about that) but also touching.  A worthy read.  So grab yourself a big cup of coffee and enjoy!


Lord, I thank you for Your Presence in my life.  That You are always with me.  In good times and bad.  In triumph or tragedy.  Help me to know that no matter what happens in my life You can use it for my good.  For the good of others.  And for Your glory.  In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment